Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Am I crazy? The aftereffects of too much Sesame Street.

I've decided that I want a big family. You know. The obnoxious family that disrupts order wherever they go, with the gas-guzzling vehicle that you have to drive because nothing else will fit your crazy brood.

You might be wondering, "WHY?" And I'll ask you, "have you seen my beautiful, perfect child?" ;)
Seriously though, why wouldn't we want to add more love, peace and joy to this crazy world we live in? We have the ability to mold and shape a life that makes this planet better by simply existing.

I feel so humbled that God chose me to be Buddy's mom. I learn so much from him every day. Today, as we were singing our ABC's, he reminded me that after C is da-da. That of course brought about further singing about how awesome dada is,  and then he told me, "Mom...you no da-da." What a profound statement?! I GET to be ma-ma! I have the innate ability to nurture, and bestow compassion and mercy. I GET to kiss ouchies, and have deedledeedle fits. I know exactly how many bruises he has on his little boy frame (6). I know exactly when he needs to go potty. And I'll tell you what: when I go back to work on August 20th, you better believe I'm taking one of his lovies to keep in my desk, just so I can smell his scent and feel close to him.

I love being a mom. There's no greater calling in this world. And just you wait: you'll see our wild and crazy brood. All 8 of us. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment