Sunday, August 12, 2012

When the storm cloud closes in...

There's a storm in the gulf, and you can tell.
Besides the gusts of wind, and grey ominous clouds, there's just a feeling in the air.

I've been thinking about storms lately.
They always make me sleepy.
There's something about the rhythm in the rain and thunder that is soothing.
But when the storm is too close, the calm dissipates and the feeling of "what-if's" closes in.
That's usually the time when Bug starts yelling for mom, and I find a black furry kitty cat at my feet.

In this season of our lives (mine specifically), this is such a timely word.
When the lightning and thunder get too close for comfort, He is there.
When the storms of this life loom overhead, He is there.
My Abba Father is faithful. Even when I am not.
I find refuge in His arms. He speaks peace to my soul.

I've been meditating on Psalm 91 the last few days:
"If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,” and you make the Most High your dwelling, no harm will overtake you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." 
 

“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call on me, and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him." 

I honestly can't think of anything more comforting.
The same unconditional love I feel for my Bug, my God feels for me.
And then some! 
So bring on the rain.
I'm feeling sleepy already.

No comments:

Post a Comment