Thursday, August 2, 2012

Why am I so tired?

The days must be getting shorter again.
I'm noticing new patches of grey.
And Buddy has outgrown his new pair of shoes in 3 weeks.

3 Weeks.
A lot can happen in three weeks.

The Olympics started on Friday, and we've been spending quite a bit of time watching the events. Bug loves to watch swimming. As we lay in the bed, covers pulled up, chomping on animal crackers, I watch his eyes gleam as he glances back and forth following them all the way to the end and back. I took him to the pool yesterday morning, and he practiced. He said he wants to win a gold medal someday. I believe him.

Speaking of gold medals, the neighborhood "lost boys" got 2 this afternoon. My bestest Ali and I made them with salt dough and they were perfect. We imprinted them with our Saints logo and painted them gold. Every child needs a gold medal. Yesterday as I was out for a walk with Bud, they ran up with the usual squeals of "Gillllian! Hey Buddy! Hey Mrs. Nathan!" :) Oh, how I love them so. They were especially excited, and told me that they wanted to be gymnasts when they grew up and proceeded to entertain us with various flips, splits, cartwheels and turns, grinning ear to ear. I hugged them and told them how proud I was of them, and that they could do and be whatever they set their minds to. Every child needs some encouragement. I would like to take credit, but I believe that God reminded me of those two left-over medals stowed away (just for my lost boys to share). I'll always remember the look in their eyes as they gently took them from my hands and put them on. Precious boys. I am so honored that God lets me love them. They are why we're here.



1 comment:

  1. ahh I'm so happy they got medals! I bet they were so excited! makes the time spent on those tricky little medals worth every minute. you're so sweet to them.

    ReplyDelete