Monday, August 20, 2012

9 to 5

Today was my first day back to work since Bug was born.
I have had what is equivalent to an emotional rollercoaster the past few weeks agonizing about it.
 "Would he be mad at me? Will I get to spend any "quality" time with him? Will we survive? Is this best for our family? Can I even do it??"

Sunday morning during our "before service prayer time," I was praying and asking God for peace and rest. I hadn't even started the job and I was already exhausted by just thinking about it all! While I was meditating on His faithfulness and goodness to me and my little family, He reminded me that when I wait on Him, my strength will be renewed. But what does that mean? How do we wait on Him, when that is so contrary to our very nature? The more I think about it, I believe He wants us to simply trust Him. Trust in His provision, His wisdom, His plan. And then rest in that knowledge.

I know most every felt board Jesus Sunday School christian knows that beautiful passage in Isaiah, but when I was reviewing it earlier this afternoon one really stood out even more so:

"He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young." Isaiah 40:11

So there you go. I know you were trying to decipher how in the world this relates to being a super(tired) mom or dad. I guess it helps just knowing we are His sheep! His kids! Even though we are mommies and daddies who carry their babies close our hearts, He carries us and gently leads us! Oh, and how about that unlimited strength and rest? (sounds really good right about now, doesn't it?) 

 I leave you with pictures of the bug eating a piece of chocolate cake ( his treat for mom's first day). 
If that doesn't bring peace and joy to your heart, I don't know what will! 





2 comments:

  1. I love this Bug and love you, too! I am proud you are my sister...even when you want your clothes back! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet Girl, each night whenyou go to bed if you can say, "I did my best today" that is ALL anyone can hope for. Prince Gideon is smart, happy and wakes up singing. All we can do is our best. Lolly

    ReplyDelete